Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- ECHO Factsheet – Kenya – October 2018
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Measles outbreak: Two people dead, 300 infected in Mandera
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
This report covers the period 1 January 2009 to 31 December 2009.
Programme purpose: To reduce the number of deaths, injuries and impact from disasters, diseases and public health emergencies, by effectively using national, regional and international Red Cross and Red Crescent capacities and resources.
Programme summary: This annual report is a summary of key achievements of the seven individual plans implemented by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) under its disaster management global programme.
Financial situation: The total …
ELKHART, IN--In the wake of this week's rolling disasters across the Asia Pacific region and recent serious flooding in regions of the U.S., global humanitarian agency Church World Service is calling on its donors and the public nationwide for increased support, as the agency responds to the latest events and begins to assess longer term recovery needs.
The agency is also heightening its appeal for contributions to support the increasing food crisis and famine in Kenya.
"We are urgently asking for help," says Church World Service Executive Director, the Rev. John L.