Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- FAO trains farmers in Kenya to save crops from Fall Armyworm
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Food Assistance Fact Sheet - September 30, 2018
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
This report covers the period 1 January 2010 to 30 June 2010.
Programme outcome: To increase the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Society (IFRC) capacity to assist National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies reduce the number of deaths, injuries and the impact of disasters through the timely and adequate financial support for disaster response from the DREF.
Programme(s) summary: At 30 June 2010, IFRC had made 73 allocations from the DREF to support 67 different operations for a total of 11,285,280 Swiss francs bringing assistance to over …
2974th EXTERNAL RELATIONS Council meeting
Item 84 of the provisional agenda
(Poznan, 3 December 2008): Today, for the first time in climate change negotiations, the humanitarian agencies of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee have teamed up with disaster risk reduction staff of the International Strategy for Disaster Reduction (ISDR) system to issue a joint call for scaled-up global action to reduce disaster risk and to strengthen preparedness for effective response.
The current negotiations on risk management and risk reduction in Poznan are a unique opportunity to make sure that adaptation action is able to prevent global humanitarian …
I. Merlin - a small organisation with a big impact:
New York, 13 July 200 - Without addressing the root causes of poverty and providing real support and opportunities to the poor, "the sad but inescapable fact is that efforts at lasting disarmament will not be successful," the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Administrator Mark Malloch Brown told the UN Conference on the Illicit Trade in Small Arms today.
Bruxelles, le 11 April 2001
Brussels, 11 April 2001
Democratic Republic of Congo (Maniema Province)
In Albania (Tirana)
- Improving the diagnostic methods for tuberculosis (TB) by rehabilitating 7 hospitals and 12 TB dispensaries.
- Constructing a health clinic for the internally displaced population in order to provide them with improved sanitation.
- Preventing and treating the top five causes of death and debilitating conditions.
- Helping the local Ministry of Health to rehabilitate and support 2 hospitals and 42 health centres.
- Providing basic health care for displaced people in Guara Guara camp, Sofala Province
- Providing drugs and basic equipment to 11 Primary Health Care Centres in Sofala Province.
- Co-ordinating a task force of agencies to combat insect-borne diseases, such as malaria and dengue fever, throughout East Timor, where conflict has left many health services in ruins.
- Training local health staff to boost their capacity to prevent, diagnose and treat disease, particularly malaria.
Merlin is Medical Emergency Relief International,
the UK's leading medical specialist in international aid. http://www.merlin.org.uk
14 David Mews, Porter Street, London W1M 1HW
Tel: 0171 487 2505 Fax: 0171 487 4042
Registered Charity number 1016607