Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 31 August 2018)
Note: map in 2 pages
CRS Spearheads a USAID-Sponsored Learning Initiative to Fight Hunger with Keyhole Garden Technology
Nairobi, Kenya, October 24, 2011 – Catholic Relief Services (CRS) will host a four day workshop “Home-Grown” Keyhole Gardens for Disaster Risk Reduction Learning Initiative in Lesotho from October 25-28, which aims to spread the knowledge of this simple program that can have significant impact on food insecurity and malnutrition.
A gift of life for mothers and babies at risk
NEW YORK, 7 May 2010 - Mother's Day, which is celebrated in many countries on the second Sunday in May, presents a dual opportunity for UNICEF. The holiday recognizes the care and devotion of mothers around the globe.
Preliminary Analysis Shows U.S. Under-Funding AIDS Programs
Thursday, May 07, 2009 (Washington, DC) - This morning the President Obama released the detailed fiscal year 2010 budget information on U.S. bilateral AIDS programs and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. According to preliminary analysis by Africa Action, the U.S.
CROP AND FOOD SUPPLY SITUATION
Update of El Niño
In response to the catastrophic hunger crisis in Africa, the executives of the American humanitarian organizations engaged in food aid and the Executive Director of the United Nations' World Food Program have come together to act. Today, we launch a global campaign to assist more than 34 million people who face the very real risk of death by starvation. This crisis is compounded by the HIV/AIDS pandemic, which is devastating the productive populations of many African countries.
More than 34 million at risk of starvation in Africa