Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania shut refugee programmes as Europe and US reject migrants
- Health officials widen polio immunisation drive
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 15 August 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 15 August 2018)
AmeriCares disaster relief helped save lives and reduce human suffering January 10, 2012
View our photo gallery to read more about our work around the world in 2011 In 2011— a year that brought major disasters that affected millions around the world—AmeriCares delivered lifesaving medicines, medical supplies and humanitarian aid to help survivors of these and other emergencies. Our promise is simple: when people are in crisis, we deliver the help they need — whenever they need it, and wherever they are.
Libya February 2011 | Refugee Crisis
This latest issue of Coping with Crisis, the IFRC’s quarterly psychosocial magazine, has a special focus on healing in Japan after the devastating earthquake and tsunami that hit the country in March 2011, as well as on the civil unrest that swept through North Africa and the Middle East. It also contains reflections from the president of the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies on the rise of technological disasters and the role of humanitarian interventions.
The Government of Kenya today donated one million U.S. dollars, the equivalent of Kshs 82 million, to assist victims of the devastating earthquake and Tsunami that hit Japan in March this year.
Presenting the donation at Harambee House Nairobi, President Kibaki assured the Government of Japan of Kenya’s full support in addressing the devastation caused by the earthquake.