Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Active USG Humanitarian Programs in Kenya (Last Updated 09/30/18)
- Kenya: Half of the assessed households report insufficient access to food at Dadaab refugee complex
- Kenya launches 10-year Climate Smart Agriculture Implementation Framework
- Dreams Deterred: opportunities to promote self-reliance for Somali refugee youth in Kenya
- Kenya: Disaster Assistance Fact Sheet # 1 - September 30, 2018
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 10,114 migrants and refugees have entered Europe by sea through the first eight weeks of 2018, with just over 50 per cent arriving in Italy and the remainder divided almost evenly between Greece and Spain. This compares with 16,806 arrivals across the region through the same period last year.
At this time in February 2016 there already were 116,005 arrivals – roughly 100,000 more than at this point this year and last.
Geneva – IOM, the UN Migration Agency, reports that 168,314 migrants and refugees entered Europe by sea in 2017 through 17 December, with just over 70 per cent arriving in Italy and the remainder divided between Greece, Cyprus and Spain. This compares with 358,527 arrivals across the region through the same period last year.