Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Kenya: Kakuma New Arrival Registration Trends 2018 (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma and Kalobeyei Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kakuma Camp Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
- Kenya: Kalobeyei Settlement Population Statistics by Country of Origin, Sex and Age Group (as of 30 September 2018)
CERF announces new findings in latest Results Report
Claudia Hargarten June 26, 2018
A new Results Report takes stock of how a US$439 million humanitarian investment from more than 50 donors delivered life-saving assistance to over 22 million people facing the consequences of natural disasters and conflict around the world.
Key Achievements toward Strategic Objectives
The Somalia Humanitarian Country Team set three strategic objectives for the 2016 Humanitarian Response Plan. These are:
• Acute food insecurity and high levels of malnutrition: 3 million people are in need of life-saving assistance and livelihood support, of which 731,000 are unable to meet their basic food requirements. 203,000 children are acutely malnourished, with around 38,000 of these children at risk of death without health and nutrition support.
Camp coordination and camp man agement was defined as a new sector under the Humanitarian Reform process in 2005. Since the CCCM Cluster’s creation, it has been activated in a number of humanitarian crises. The cluster has invested signifcant efforts in emergency responses and has begun working closely with national authorities in disaster and conflict-prone countries to build their capacity to respond to the needs of the displaced. Presently the CCCM Cluster missions are active in 19 countries worldwide.
Advancing Dialogue on Maternal Health series
The 2009–2010 Advancing Dialogue on Maternal Health series worked to address many critical and neglected maternal health topics. During this period, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars’ Global Health Initiative (GHI) co-convened 10 public meetings and 2 private workshops with the Maternal Health Task Force (MHTF) and United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to identify challenges and discuss strategies for advancing the maternal health agenda.
This review has focused the UK's bilateral aid programme in fewer countries so we can target our support where it will make the biggest difference and where the need is greatest.
The record-breaking 15 flash appeals in 2007 brought to the fore some long-standing weaknesses in flash appeal principles and practices, which the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) moved to correct.