Appeals & Response Plans
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2018
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Kenya: Floods - Apr 2016
- Kenya: Floods - Nov 2015
- Kenya: Cholera Outbreak - Feb 2015
- Kenya: Drought - 2014-2018
- West Africa: Ebola Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Horn of Africa: Polio Outbreak - May 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Mar 2013
- Kenya: Floods - Jan 2013
Most read reports
- Four taken ill amid cholera fears in Tharaka-Nithi County
- Dadaab refugee camp offers more than safety from war
- Campaign to kick out polio offers hope for children of Dadaab
- Multi-Sector Needs Assessment: Ifo Refugee Camp - Garissa County, Kenya, August 2018
- Africa city leaders promote inclusive resilience
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
Open sources reported damage to, loss of or the destruction of a wide range of humanitarian infrastructure on 160 occasions between January 2015 and June 2016.
In this issue:
How Surveillance Works
Containing a Polio Outbreak: Horn of Africa and Central Africa
Review of the Polio Eradication and Endgame Strategic Plan
Global Voices in Support of Polio Eradication