OCHA - Situation Report - Highlights ()
- Increased food insecurity and protection risks are reported in urban settlements as a result of COVID-19 related movement restrictions and social distancing measures.
- Shortage of protective equipment is impacting the ability of aid workers to effectively response to needs, in particular health services.
- Fear of stigma as well as an increasing reports of defying Government directives of social distancing and movement restrictions are key challenges to the COVID-19 response.
- Since the beginning of the country’s ‘long rains’ season in early March, more than 233,000 people have been affected, including over 116,000 displaced.
- The livelihoods of 3.1 million people could be at risk due to desert locust infestation.
HIGHLIGHTS Increased food insecurity and protection risks are reported in urban settlements as a result of COVID-19 related movement restrictions and social distancing measures. Shortage of...
FOOD SECURITY SNAPSHOT Abundant rains in March and April benefited establishment and development of 2020 “long-rains” crops Severe desert locust outbreak affecting country, with crop losses expected...
Key messages While the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in East Africa so far is relatively low compared to other regions, dis-ruption in supply chains is already affecting the trade and flow of...