Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Syria: 3RP Regional Monthly Dashboard - October 2017: Food Security
- Cash Assistance Dashboard - UNHCR Jordan, December 2017
- Jordan: UNHCR Operational Update, December 2017
- Syria: 3RP Regional Monthly Dashboard - November 2017: Food Security
- Who is Doing What Where and When (4Ws) in Mental Health & Psychosocial Support in Jordan? - 2017 Interventions Mapping Exercise
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This document provides an overview of open-source-reported new laws or regulations affecting NGOs, and a summary of reported administrative decisions that affected their ability to operate. Links to the relevant Aid in Danger Monthly News Brief (in brackets in each sentence) provide further information.
The month saw conflict continue to rage in Turkey’s south east between Ankara and the Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK), looking likely to further escalate in March. Afghanistan and Somalia both saw armed insurgencies capture new territories. In Africa, political tensions rose in Chad, Mozambique and Zimbabwe, while in Venezuela, deadlock between the opposition-held parliament and government has brought the country closer to political and economic implosion.