Appeals & Response Plans
Most read reports
- Urgent critical action needed to save the lives of thousands of children near Jordan’s north-eastern border with Syria
- Syrian Refugees in Jordan (Urban Only) by Locality (by end of September 2018)
- Syrian Refugees in Jordan ( Governorate Level) (by end of September 2018)
- Syrian Refugees in Jordan by Origin (Governorate Level) (by end of September 2018)
- Syrian Refugees in Jordan (District Level) (by end of September 2018)
The global burden of Improvised Explosive Devices
Iain Overton and Jennifer Dathan
There is no day that goes past without the impact of an improvised explosive device (IED) making headlines around the world. Of all explosive weapons used, the IED is the most widespread, the most harmful and the most pernicious. Based on the belief that to overcome a problem, we must first understand it, this monitor is a small step in seeking to address the terrible realities of today.
It is a monitor that is, also, a response to a call to action.
The global terrorist threat continued to evolve rapidly in 2015, becoming increasingly decentralized and diffuse. Terrorist groups continued to exploit an absence of credible and effective state institutions, where avenues for free and peaceful expression of opinion were blocked, justice systems lacked credibility, and where security force abuses and government corruption went unchecked.