Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Impact of separation on refugee families: Syrian refugees in Jordan
- Poorest Syrian refugees facing ruin due to underfunding
- Registered Iraqis in Jordan (15 June 2018)
- In Jordan, sweet Ramadan treats unite refugees and locals
- Registered Persons of Concern Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Jordan (15 June 2018)
Disasters cause human suffering, environmental and economic harm, and set back progress on eliminating poverty. If disaster risk isn’t well managed, the consequences are manifold. Disaster risk reduction is, therefore, an investment worth making by all countries. Every dollar spent reducing people’s vulnerability to disasters saves around seven dollars in economic losses. Investing in prevention not only increases the resilience of countries to future disaster, but protects economic growth and other development achievements from being lost in a single catastrophic event.