Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Syria: 3RP Regional Monthly Dashboard - October 2017: Food Security
- Syria: 3RP Regional Monthly Dashboard - November 2017: Food Security
- Who is Doing What Where and When (4Ws) in Mental Health & Psychosocial Support in Jordan? - 2017 Interventions Mapping Exercise
- Angelina Jolie says respect for human rights key to Syria peace
- Jordan: UNHCR Operational Update, February 2018
Disasters cause human suffering, environmental and economic harm, and set back progress on eliminating poverty. If disaster risk isn’t well managed, the consequences are manifold. Disaster risk reduction is, therefore, an investment worth making by all countries. Every dollar spent reducing people’s vulnerability to disasters saves around seven dollars in economic losses. Investing in prevention not only increases the resilience of countries to future disaster, but protects economic growth and other development achievements from being lost in a single catastrophic event.