19,483 entries found
Sort by: Latest |Relevance
07 Jan 2020 description
report The Jakarta Post

President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo has ordered his subordinates to speed-up disaster relief and rescue efforts in the areas that were hit by severe flooding that began on New Year’s Eve, including Greater Jakarta and Banten. At least 67 have died in the floods with more than 30,000 displaced.

“The ministries that handle flood-related matters should continue to reach down to [the people] in the affected areas,” Jokowi told state officials at the first plenary Cabinet meeting to discuss the 2020-2024 Mid-Term National Development Plan (RPJMN) on Monday.

07 Jan 2020 description
report Mercy Relief

SINGAPORE, 07 January 2020 – Mercy Relief, Singapore’s leading independent disaster relief agency, will deploy a disaster response team today to Jakarta to aid victims of the floods and landslides caused by torrential rains which pounded the region last week.

07 Jan 2020 description
report Singapore Red Cross

Singapore, 6 January 2020 - In response to the flooding in the Indonesian capital of Jakarta, the Singapore Red Cross will contribute S$50,000 to support relief and recovery operations by the Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI - Indonesian Red Cross). The contribution will go towards the purchase of family kits, hygiene kits, diapers, sleeping bags, blankets and clean water for the evacuees.

06 Jan 2020 description

1. HIGHLIGHTS

a. Due to the monsoon season and heavy rainfall since 31 December 2019, the Greater Jakarta area was affected by massive floods and localised landslides reported. As of 6 January 2020, a total of 293 sub-districts in 74 districts of 3 provinces, i.e. Jakarta, West Java, and Banten, are flooded as from 1 January 2020.

06 Jan 2020 description
  • As of 5 January, 60 people have died and approximately 100,000 have been internally displaced following serious flooding in Indonesia.
  • The Indonesian government's meteorology agency forecasts more heavy rain over Jakarta until 7 January.
  • Military and health officials have commenced work on health protection, spraying disinfectant in hard-hit areas to limit the spread of waterborne diseases, with no serious cases reported so far.
06 Jan 2020 description
report The Jakarta Post

Mount Merapi in Central Java spewed hot ash on Saturday night, causing mild ash rain over Boyolali regency.

The eruption was recorded to have a maximum amplitude of 55 millimeters and a duration of 105 seconds.

Boyolali Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD) head Bambang Sinungharjo said the ash had fallen around Cepogo district, but preparations had been made in advance.

He said the BPBD was coordinating with the districts of Selo, Cepogo and Tamansari in anticipation of further ash rain.kompas.com“The situation is under control,” he said on Sunday, as quoted by

06 Jan 2020 description

Type : Flood disaster & landslide
Place : Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang, Bekasi
Time : 4 January 2020

I. Key Information

  1. The number of refugees are 173,064 people (39,627 families)

  2. The number of victims increased to 53 people and 1 person missing

  3. In Bekasi City as many as 149,537 people were still displaced by the flood disaster at 51 refugee camps

  4. More than 22,000 people or 3,300 families in DKI Jakarta are still displaced

05 Jan 2020 description

Highlights

a. Due to the monsoon season and heavy rainfall since 31 December 2019, the Greater Jakarta area was affected by massive floods and landslides reported. As of 4 January 2020, a total of 308 sub-districts in 103 districts of 3 provinces, i.e. Jakarta, West Java, and Banten, are flooded since 1 January 2020. The AHA Centre has issued Flash Updates on the situation, which available here (Flash Update No.1, Flash Update No.2. Flash Update No.3).

05 Jan 2020 description
report The Jakarta Post

Arya Dipa
The Jakarta Post

Bandung and Jakarta / Sat, January 4, 2020 / 02:33 pm

The West Java administration declared an emergency status on Friday after floods and landslides hit several areas in the province, as well as in Jakarta and Banten, since New Year’s Eve, killing more than 30 people and displacing more than 170,000.

In Gubernatorial Regulation No. 362/KEP.13-BPBD/2020, Governor Ridwan Kamil said the emergency status would remain in effect until Jan. 7.

05 Jan 2020 description

Type : Flood
Location : Jakarta, Bogor, Tangerang, Bekasi
Time : January 2, 2020

I. Keys Information

  1. Heavy rain since Tuesday flushed all over Jakarta and surrounding areas until Wednesday morning

  2. A total of 268 villages in Jabodetabek were flooded with a height between 30-200 cm.

  3. There are 6 areas with a height of water around 2 meters : Cipinang Melayu East Jakarta, Jatikramat Bekasi, Bekasi Exile, Margahayu Bekasi, Duren Jaya Bekasi, and Bintaro South Jakarta.

05 Jan 2020 description
report The Jakarta Post

Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post

Jakarta / Fri, January 3, 2020 / 07:35 am

Cellular services from a number of telecommunication providers remained disrupted in several areas on Thursday following heavy rains and flooding that have gripped Greater Jakarta since Tuesday night.

Communication and Information Minister Johnny G. Plate said several cellular base transceiver stations (BTS) had been out of service since Wednesday due to power cuts by state-owned electricity firm PLN in response to the flooding.

04 Jan 2020 description

Our team in Jakarta, Indonesia, is on a mission to protect urban refugees through empowerment (which is why our program is named PURE). Protection often starts with making sure that refugees and asylum seekers have the information and skills they need to navigate life in an urban center thousands of miles from home, in a different culture. CWS hosts several group homes for young refugees and asylum seekers, but once they turn 18 they are no longer eligible to live in the homes.

04 Jan 2020 description

Taufiq and his family know all too well how devastating an earthquake can be. A series of earthquakes struck his village in Central Sulawesi, Indonesia, last year. “I was inside the house with my mother when the quake struck,” the 11-year-old remembers.

04 Jan 2020 description
report Islamic Relief

Islamic Relief is supporting the government’s response to fierce floods in Jakarta, Indonesia.

Indonesian authorities evacuated tens of thousands of people yesterday amid flash floods and landslides in the capital city.

About 30 people are thought to have lost their lives to the disaster, which was brought on by some of the heaviest rainfall in decades.

Altogether, 64,000 people are estimated to have been affected. In some places the water has begun to recede, allowing people to begin returning to their homes.

04 Jan 2020 description

Indonesia

  • The National Disaster Management Authority of Indonesia (BNPB) has created a joint portal to gather near-real time activities and situation monitoring from the ground-zero. Apart from coordination and technical support, BNPB has also sent a letter to provincial governors and local disaster management authorities (BPBDs) to encourage respective BPBDS in heightening preparedness and disaster risk reduction efforts during the rainy season in 2020.
04 Jan 2020 description
report The Jakarta Post

Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post

Jakarta / Sat, January 4, 2020 / 05:59 pm

Two residents of Lebo Village in Sangihe Island, North Sulawesi, were killed after being washed away in a flash flood on Friday morning.

A flash flood and landslide struck the village at 5:30 a.m., killing Lahode Mangape, 83, and Armand, 18, injuring several others and damaging multiple buildings, including houses.