Headlines (last 30 days)
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- FEWS NET: Central America and Caribbean: Key Message Update, October 2019. 14 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti - Report of the Secretary-General (S/2019/805). 13 Oct 2019
- UN SG: Secretary-General Appoints Helen La Lime of United States Special Representative for Haiti, Integrated Office Chief. 14 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest Information bulletin no. 2. 12 Oct 2019
- ACAPS: CrisisInSight Weekly Picks, 10 October 2019. 10 Oct 2019
From the editor
In this issue of Field Exchange, there are two themes which previous editorials have not addressed - sustainability of interventions and how markets can create, as well as be used to respond, to emergencies. We also revisit one 'old chestnut' - namely the rich vein of innovation that runs through our sector.
Use of the word 'sustainability' in an emergency context always needs qualification and nuancing. Are we talking about sustainability of capacity, resources, demand for services, a product or institutional sustainability?