Most read reports
- MSF: People’s healthcare in danger amidst worsening anger and despair. 5 Jul 2019
- ECHO: EU mobilises €9 million to tackle the food crisis in Haiti. 13 Aug 2019
- OCHA: Haiti Situation Report, 17 Jun 2019. 19 Jun 2019
- WFP: Haiti: 43,000 children to receive school meals prepared with local products. 3 Sep 2019
- AlterPresse: Météo : Activités pluvieuses et orageuses maintenues sur Haïti, avec la tempête Dorian renforcée en ouragan. 30 Aug 2019
A powerful earthquake of 7.0 magnitude affected Haiti on 12 January at around 4 pm local time. The earthquake struck 17km south west of the capital Port-au-Prince. The extent of the damage is not currently known, however it is feared that causalities number in the thousands and initial reports indicate widespread damage. There is an urgent need for search and rescue assistance. Port-au-Prince has been severely affected including critical city infrastructure components such as electricity, water and phone services. Electricity is not available and communications are difficult.