Most read reports
- MSF: People’s healthcare in danger amidst worsening anger and despair. 5 Jul 2019
- ECHO: EU mobilises €9 million to tackle the food crisis in Haiti. 13 Aug 2019
- OCHA: Haiti Situation Report, 17 Jun 2019. 19 Jun 2019
- WFP: Haiti: 43,000 children to receive school meals prepared with local products. 3 Sep 2019
- AlterPresse: Météo : Activités pluvieuses et orageuses maintenues sur Haïti, avec la tempête Dorian renforcée en ouragan. 30 Aug 2019
Established in 1950, the Hong Kong Red Cross (HKRC) is a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and the world’s humanitarian network operating in 191 countries. We dedicate ourselves to protecting human life, caring for the health of the vulnerable and respecting human dignity by mobilizing people to serve voluntarily for the causes of humanity.
The devastating Haiti earthquake in 2010 resulted in 220,000 deaths with over 1.5 million people displaced.
Over the last four years, amidst the overwhelming suffering and destruction, the Haitian people have worked tirelessly to rebuild their homes, communities and lives. The Red Cross has been a proud partner in this process, providing basic support such as food, water, shelter and healthcare as well as the long-term projects aiming to help communities meet their own needs.
Hong Kong Red Cross Actions