Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN SC: United Nations peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti - Report of the Secretary-General (S/2019/805). 13 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Haiti: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes. 3 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest Information bulletin no. 2. 12 Oct 2019
- FEWS NET: Central America and Caribbean: Key Message Update, October 2019. 14 Oct 2019
New York, NY, February 27, 2004 - As violence in Haiti escalates, the Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children today expressed concern about President George W. Bush's stated intention to return Haitian refugees, and renewed its call to the Administration to comply with its obligation under both international and U.S. law to extend protection to those Haitians found to be refugees.
New York, NY, December 23, 2003 -- The Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children is deeply concerned that the United States government is ignoring its responsibility to protect Haitian refugees as the Caribbean nation grows ever closer to civil war. The United States must protect Haitians fleeing persecution and finish the job of democracy building, which it started in Haiti nearly a decade ago.