Most read reports
- OCHA: Haïti Rapport de situation, 20 sept. 2019. 20 Sep 2019
- MSF: People’s healthcare in danger amidst worsening anger and despair. 5 Jul 2019
- AlterPresse: Haïti/A la une sur AlterRadio 106.1 FM – Urgence à Petit-Goâve, où d’importantes inondations font deux morts et quatre disparus. 20 Sep 2019
- IOM: IOM Strengthens Engagement of Diaspora Organizations in Disaster Response, Preparedness and Recovery. 17 Sep 2019
- FEWS NET: Central America and Caribbean: Key Message Update, September 2019. 17 Sep 2019
“Right now, the biggest effort is trying to help teachers and people who run youth programmes to better understand the issues that they are going to be facing,” said Dr Kathryn Adams, speaking from the city of Gonaïves in Haiti.
She is executive director of Lidè, a foundation she set up with American writer Holiday Reinhorn and actor Rainn Wilson after the devastating 2010 earthquake in Haiti that killed up to 200,000 people.
Urgent action needed for 80m children whose education has been hit by emergencies
The number of children whose education has been disrupted by conflicts and natural disasters has increased to 80 million.
The shocking statistic for 2015 is revealed in an education in emergencies "scorecard" published today by A World at School, which calls for urgent action from world leaders.
There have been a record number of children affected by crises - including attacks on education, wars, natural disasters and health alerts such as Ebola.