Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Human Rights Council holds interactive dialogue with the High Commissioner for Human Rights on Haiti
- Security Council Press Statement on Haiti
- Haiti: Physical presence (as of 11 July 2018)
- Haiti: Humanitarian Funding Overview (as of 28 June 2018)
- Fistula in Haiti is an unknown challenge that gnaws thousands of women
Report; Staff Supplement; Press Release
on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director
In the context of the Use of Fund resources-Request for Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance by Haiti, the following documents have been released and are included in this package:
- the staff paper for the Use of Fund Resources-Request for Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance, prepared by a staff team of the IMF, following discussions that ended on September 25, 2005, with the officials of Haiti on economic developments and policies.
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) today approved SDR 10.23 million (about US$14.7 million) in Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance to Haiti, adding to the SDR 10.24 million (about $US14.7 million) in IMF Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance provided to Haiti in January 2005 (see Press Release No.
Haiti has experienced an extended political conflict that led to an armed rebellion in early 2004 and a change in government in mid-March. In the period preceding the political transition, several hundred people were killed and many more injured, there were extensive property losses (5=BD percent of GDP) and damage to Haiti's institutional and administrative capacity.
Press Release No. 05/4
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) today approved SDR 10.23 million (about US$15.6 million) in Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance to Haiti.