Appeals & Response Plans
Most read (last 30 days)
- Haiti launches campaign to vaccinate over 2 million children against diphtheria, with PAHO support
- New Mission in Haiti Preparing Transition from Peacekeeping to Development Role, Under-Secretary-General Tells Security Council Ahead of Mandate Renewal
- Haïti : Perspectives sur la sécurité alimentaire - février à septembre 2018
- Haiti Staple Food Market Fundamentals, March 2018
- Haiti: Hurricane Irma (MDRHT014) DREF Final Report
Report; Staff Supplement; Press Release
on the Executive Board Discussion; and Statement by the Executive Director
In the context of the Use of Fund resources-Request for Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance by Haiti, the following documents have been released and are included in this package:
- the staff paper for the Use of Fund Resources-Request for Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance, prepared by a staff team of the IMF, following discussions that ended on September 25, 2005, with the officials of Haiti on economic developments and policies.
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) today approved SDR 10.23 million (about US$14.7 million) in Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance to Haiti, adding to the SDR 10.24 million (about $US14.7 million) in IMF Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance provided to Haiti in January 2005 (see Press Release No.
Haiti has experienced an extended political conflict that led to an armed rebellion in early 2004 and a change in government in mid-March. In the period preceding the political transition, several hundred people were killed and many more injured, there were extensive property losses (5=BD percent of GDP) and damage to Haiti's institutional and administrative capacity.
Press Release No. 05/4
The Executive Board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) today approved SDR 10.23 million (about US$15.6 million) in Emergency Post-Conflict Assistance to Haiti.