- UNICEF Haiti: Humanitarian Situation Report - October 2017
- FEWS Haïti : Key Message Update, septembre 2017
- IFRC: Hurricane Irma (MDRHT014) DREF Operation Update No.1
Appeals & Funding
- Humanitarian Needs Overview 2017 EN / FR
- Humanitarian Response Plan January 2017 - December 2018 EN / FR
- Haïti Hurricane Matthew priorities and achievements - Critical needs overview (Nov 2016)
- Haïti Appel Eclair Octobre 2016 FR / EN
- Humanitarian Action for Children 2017: Haiti
- IOM Humanitarian Compendium
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
This document provides an overview of responses to the Global Shelter Cluster (GSC) online survey, conducted in preparation for the annual GSC Meeting. Findings are based on a total of 106 responses, as of 26 September 2017.
This bulletin examines trends in staple food and fuel prices, the cost of the basic food basket and consumer price indices for 69 countries in the second quarter of 2017 (April to June). The maps on pages 6–7 provide impact analysis dis-aggregated to sub-national level.
On 3 July, the 1591 Sudan Sanctions Committee met to discuss the report of the chair, Ambassador Volodymyr Yelchenko (Ukraine), on his 14 to 18 May 2017 visit to Sudan (SC/12903). Yelchenko briefed Council members in consultations on the work of the committee on 24 July.
Children and Armed Conflict
ECONOMIC AND SOCIAL COUNCIL
2017 SESSION, 49TH & 50TH MEETINGS (AM & PM)
The Economic and Social Council adopted seven resolutions and one decision on issues ranging from Haiti’s long-term development, to the economic and social repercussions of the Israeli occupation, and support for Non-Self-Governing Territories, as it launched the third round of its 2017 Coordination and Management Meetings today.