Appeals & Response Plans
- Haiti: Earthquake - Oct 2018
- Dominican Republic/Haiti: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Irma - Sep 2017
- Haiti: Floods - Apr 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Haiti: Floods - Apr 2016
- Haiti: Floods - Jan 2016
- Tropical Storm Erika - Aug 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
Most read reports
- Close Collaboration with Government Key to Successful Transition, Top Official Says, as Security Council Considers Situation in Haiti
- Haiti – Food security and nutrition crisis (DG ECHO, CNSA, IPC-FAO) (ECHO Daily Flash of 14 December 2018)
- Le Conseil de sécurité débat de la stratégie de sortie de la Mission des Nations Unies pour l’appui à la justice en Haïti (MINUJUSTH)
- Haïti-Séisme du 6 octobre 2018 : Le bilan passe à 15 morts et 300 blessés
- UN Migration Agency Strengthens Preparations for Peak Hurricane Season in Haiti, Caribbean
BY: CHRIS MORRILL
“I don’t believe in charity. I believe in solidarity. Charity is so vertical. It goes from the top to the bottom. Solidarity is horizontal. It respects the other person. I have a lot to learn from other people.” — Eduardo Galeano, author of Open Veins of Latin America
It has been six months since the end of last year’s hurricane season, and the Caribbean is still picking up the pieces.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
This Information Bulletin (no. 02/2004) is being issued based on the needs described below reflecting the information available at this time. CHF 100,000 has been allocated from the Federation's Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF). The Federation does not anticipate further needs. Unearmarked funds to repay DREF are needed.