Appeals & Response Plans
- Haiti: Earthquake - Oct 2018
- Dominican Republic/Haiti: Cholera Outbreak - Aug 2018
- Hurricane Maria - Sep 2017
- Hurricane Irma - Sep 2017
- Haiti: Floods - Apr 2017
- Hurricane Matthew - Sep 2016
- Haiti: Floods - Apr 2016
- Haiti: Floods - Jan 2016
- Tropical Storm Erika - Aug 2015
- Caribbean: Drought - 2015-2017
Most read reports
- Central America and Caribbean: Key Message Update, December 2018
- Coastal flooding forecasts strengthened in Caribbean
- Haiti – Food Security and Nutrition Crisis (DG ECHO, CNSA, IPC-FAO) (ECHO Daily Flash of 14 December 2018)
- Close Collaboration with Government Key to Successful Transition, Top Official Says, as Security Council Considers Situation in Haiti
- Haïti-Séisme du 6 octobre 2018 : Le bilan passe à 15 morts et 300 blessés
Puerto Rico's governor met Saturday with mayors from around the U.S. island territory ravaged this week by Hurricane Maria and discussed urgent needs of their communities, some of which are still threatened by a failing dam.
Governor Ricardo Rossello said Saturday on Twitter that he had seen the damage to the Guajataca Dam, which was overwhelmed by floodwaters after Maria's onslaught. He tweeted, "We reinforce our request that people leave the area as soon as possible."
Tropical Cyclone MARIA-17 : Path and Wind Speed Zones (as of 18 September 2017)
This map illustrates the tropical cyclone MARIA-17 path with low, medium and strong wind impact zones observed and predicted at 18 September 2017. The tropical cyclone path and wind speed zones were derived from Joint Research Centre data (Warning 8 issued the 18 th September 2017 at 09:00 UTC). This is a preliminary analysis and has not yet been validated in the field. Please send ground feedback to UNITARUNOSAT.
La tormenta tropical Irene se convirtió la madrugada de hoy en el primer huracán de la temporada en el Atlántico a su paso por Puerto Rico, informó el Centro Nacional de Huracanes de Estados Unidos -NHC, por su sigla en inglés-.
El huracán, cuyo ojo se encontraba a 40 kilómetros al oeste de San Juan (capital puertorriqueña), avanzaba hacia el noroeste con vientos de 125 kilómetros por hora, detalló el NHC, ubicado en Miami (sureste de Estados Unidos –EUA-.).
Storm could be season's 1st Atlantic hurricane by Monday
Northwest path over Caribbean could threaten Florida
Puerto Rico governor urges residents to take shelter (Updates storm strength, position, adds quotes)
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico, Aug 21 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Irene strengthened as it barreled across the Caribbean toward Puerto Rico on Sunday on a course that could take it to Florida later in the week.
The Federation's mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people by mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world's largest humanitarian organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 181 countries.
This Information Bulletin (no. 02/2004) is being issued based on the needs described below reflecting the information available at this time. CHF 100,000 has been allocated from the Federation's Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF). The Federation does not anticipate further needs. Unearmarked funds to repay DREF are needed.