Most read reports
- IOM: IOM Strengthens Engagement of Diaspora Organizations in Disaster Response, Preparedness and Recovery. 17 Sep 2019
- FEWS NET: Central America and Caribbean: Key Message Update, September 2019. 17 Sep 2019
- MSF: People’s healthcare in danger amidst worsening anger and despair. 5 Jul 2019
- OCHA: Haiti Situation Report, 17 Jun 2019. 19 Jun 2019
- ECHO: EU mobilises €9 million to tackle the food crisis in Haiti. 13 Aug 2019
February 3, 2011 | by Tracey Gurd
Around the world, there are an estimated 5 million children without access to citizenship. The impact is enormous. These "stateless" children are denied the basic services most of us take for granted-education and health care, for starters-and most grow up in extreme poverty. Without rights, they are left vulnerable to a wide range of dangers, including trafficking and exploitation.