Headlines (last 30 days)
- ACTED: More than 3.5 million Haitians need emergency food and nutrition assistance. 22 Nov 2019
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- UNICEF: La Convention relative aux droits de l’enfant fête ses 30 ans. 21 Nov 2019
- Food for the Hungry: Haiti Hunger Crisis 2019: What You Need to Know and How to Help. 19 Nov 2019
- Logistics Cluster: Haiti: Logistics Sector Concept of Operations - November 2019. 20 Nov 2019
- PAHO: Nearly 16 million people still practice open defecation in Latin America and the Caribbean. 19 Nov 2019
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
Blurb: When sexual and gender-based violence spiked in Haiti after Hurricane Matthew, MCC used donations to help its partner SOFA respond to the needs of survivors.
By Paul Shetler Fast
July 3, 2017
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti — When people think of disasters, such as Hurricane Matthew that battered Haiti in the fall of 2016, the images that often come to mind are of flattened houses, destroyed infrastructure, fleeing families and hungry people. The suffering is clear and public.