Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN DGC: Regular press briefing by the Information Service: Haiti (8 November 2019). 9 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Haïti : Aperçu du financement humanitaire (en date du 11 novembre 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Haiti: Humanitarian Funding Overview (as of as of 11 November 2019). 11 Nov 2019
WHO is the lead agency for health within the United Nations system. We coordinate the international health response to emergencies and humanitarian crises whenever a country needs assistance.
But we cannot do this work without our partners - other UN agencies, nongovernmental organizations and donors – who help us deliver health services in even the most difficult situations.
Cholera in Haiti
As of 17th October, a total of 465 suspected cases have been reported in Grand Anse and 684 in Department de Sud since the 1st of October.
There is a decrease or stabilization of admissions in Cholera Treatments Centres operating in Sud and Grand Anse after 10th of October.
The immediate peak of cases followed by a rapid decline is to be expected. However a second peak cannot be excluded given the prevailing WaSH conditions in both departments.
El Niño threatens at least 60 million people in high-risk developing countries, WHO says
Geneva, 22 January 2016—The World Health Organization (WHO) and its partners predict a major global increase in health consequences of emergencies this year due to El Niño.