Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- WFP: World Food Programme ramping up to reach 700,000 with emergency operations in Haiti. 6 Dec 2019
- MSF: MSF opens a trauma hospital in Port-au-Prince as health crisis in Haiti deepens. 3 Dec 2019
- ACTED: NGOs warn about the deterioration of food security in Haiti: More than 3.5 million people in need of emergency food and nutrition assistance. 22 Nov 2019
- UNICEF: Eliminer le choléra et renforcer la lutte contre la malnutrition en Haïti. 8 Dec 2019
- FEWS NET: Haiti : Key Message Update - Increased acute food insecurity in a context of difficult market access, November 2019. 4 Dec 2019
As many as 790,000 people were displaced between 16 and 28 December in Regions V, VI, VII, VIII, XIII and MIMAROPA due to Tropical Storm Urduja/Kai-Tak which made landfall in the Philippines on 12 December and exited on 19 December. A total of 418,000 people stayed in evacuation centres, while 372,000 people stayed with families and friends. As of 28 December, all evacuees had returned home (DROMIC, 4 Jan 2018).