Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- WFP: World Food Programme ramping up to reach 700,000 with emergency operations in Haiti. 6 Dec 2019
- IPS: Haiti’s cry for help as climate change is compared to an act of violence against the island nation. 13 Dec 2019
- MSF: MSF opens a trauma hospital in Port-au-Prince as health crisis in Haiti deepens. 3 Dec 2019
- ACTED: NGOs warn about the deterioration of food security in Haiti: More than 3.5 million people in need of emergency food and nutrition assistance. 22 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
By Desmond Brown
BRIGDETOWN, Mar 3 2019 (IPS) - Caribbean countries have been signalling their willingness to dedicate time and resources to implement and sustain effective multi-hazard early warning systems.
Most countries located in the hurricane belt face being impacted during the yearly Atlantic Hurricane Season. But all Caribbean countries face another challenge—climate change
By Michael Christie
MIAMI, Nov 27 (Reuters) - For a second year in a row, the United States has escaped a severe hurricane hit, pushing memories of Hurricane Katrina and the flooding of New Orleans another notch into the past.
But for Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, the 2007 hurricane season ending on Friday has hardly been benign.
"No, not at all.