Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- ACTED: Supporting the diversification of agricultural sectors to reinforce food security in Haiti. 16 Oct 2019
- MINUJUSTH: Les 24 mois de la MINUJUSTH. 16 Oct 2019
- UN SC: Alors que ferme la mission de maintien de la paix, les membres du Conseil de sécurité se disent préoccupés par l’instabilité et l’insécurité en Haïti. 16 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti - Report of the Secretary-General (S/2019/805). 13 Oct 2019
October 7, 2016 - The magnitude of the natural disaster that has struck the island of Haiti is increasing by the hour, but we already know that we are facing a major crisis.
Montreal, November 8, 2007 - The situation in Haiti is being monitored.
Development and Peace is monitoring the situation in the flood affected regions of Haiti through regular reports provided by its partners there.
Haiti - Heavy and persistent rains as well as Tropical Storm Noel have affected close to 15,000 people in many communities across the country.
Local and International aid teams are working to bring immediate assistance to people who have sought shelter through the distribution cooking sets and clothes to the Haitian population. At this point, Tropical Storm Noel has …
TORONTO / 7 June 2004 - The Canadian Catholic Organization for DEVELOPMENT AND PEACE (CCODP) has sent $75,000 to Haiti as its contribution towards a world-wide $500,000 Caritas Internationalis program to aid the victims of recent flooding. The money is being used to supply food, drinking water, medicine, utensils and temporary shelters in the border region with the Dominican Republic.