Headlines (last 30 days)
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest (MDRHT017) Emergency Plan of Action. 21 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- WFP: WFP Haiti Country Brief, September 2019. 22 Oct 2019
- ACTED: Supporting the diversification of agricultural sectors to reinforce food security in Haiti. 16 Oct 2019
By Wai Moe
Burma is one of the countries worst affected by extreme weather resulting from climate change, according to a new report that assesses the impact of global warming over a period of nearly two decades.
Published by the Berlin-based climate watchdog Germanwatch on Tuesday, the report, the Global Climate Risk Index, says that Bangladesh, Burma and Honduras were the countries most affected by extreme weather events from 1990 to 2008.
The report was launched in the Danish capital of Copenhagen, where the United Nations Climate Change Conference is underway.
In addition to …