Headlines (last 30 days)
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN SC: United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti - Report of the Secretary-General (S/2019/805). 13 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest Information bulletin no. 2. 12 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Haiti: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes. 3 Oct 2019
- ACAPS: CrisisInSight Weekly Picks, 10 October 2019. 10 Oct 2019
- UN SC: Mission des Nations Unies pour l’appui à la justice en Haïti - Rapport du Secrétaire général (S/2019/805). 13 Oct 2019
Introduction: New strategies to help peace operations meet today's demands The United Nations' response to conflict and political crises evolved in 2009, as once again UN peace operations were at the centre of global efforts to protect the vulnerable and nurture fragile peace all over the globe.
With its largest deployment ever on the ground, the Departments of Peacekeeping Operations and Field Support began a major reform effort to perfect the tool of UN peacekeeping as the Organization's flagship peace and security activity.