Headlines (last 30 days)
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- BINUH: The United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti starts operations. 19 Oct 2019
- ACTED: Supporting the diversification of agricultural sectors to reinforce food security in Haiti. 16 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest (MDRHT016) Emergency Plan of Action Final Report. 17 Oct 2019
Six years after a devastating earthquake left Haiti in ruins, Medair has concluded its work in the country.
The earthquake that struck in January 2010 killed or injured more than 500,000 people in a matter of minutes. So many homes and buildings were damaged or destroyed that more than one million people were left homeless. Within days, Medair sent an emergency response team to assess how we could help.
Medair launches an emergency response to rebuild devastated roads in the wake of Tropical Storm Isaac.
From 24 August to 26 August 2012, Isaac’s high winds, heavy rainfall, and flooding damaged key access roads, destroyed or damaged hundreds of houses, and buried vital cropland under mud and debris. Mountainous Côtes-de-Fer was already one of the most remote regions in Haiti; without roads, these communities have become virtually inaccessible.