Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- IOM: IOM Tracks Repatriations of Haitian Migrants from The Bahamas. 15 Nov 2019
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- WFP: Haiti - General Logistics Planning Map (November 2019). 15 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN News: Zero new confirmed cholera cases in Haiti for nine months: UN envoy. 14 Nov 2019
International Disaster Response updates, March 28, 2011 - HOPE worldwide
HOPE worldwide is appreciative to many partners and supporters that have come forward asking of what we can all do to help save the lives of people living in troubled time due to natural disasters and man-made disasters.
Victims are staying in shelters in the winter temperatures as 18,649 houses are reported to be destroyed and another 116,835 houses damaged as reported by IFRC.
14 January 2011 - From promoting sustainable development and mitigating climate change to empowering women to keeping nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today laid out the United Nations agenda for the coming year.
"Success in rising to the challenge does not belong to any one of us," he told the 192-member General Assembly, listing eight priorities for 2011.
"It depends on all of us, together. You were crucial to generating the progress that we have achieved in recent years.
During disasters, affected populations often face challenges that material assistance alone cannot adaquately address. For example, conflicts or natural disasters often separate families, disrupting normal care-giving for children, the elderly, and disabled persons. Displacement, loss of family members, or disruption of livelihoods may increase vulnerability to violence, exploitation, and abuse for men, women, and children. Conflict exposes some people to harmful threats from attacks or landmines.