Headlines (last 30 days)
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- BINUH: The United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti starts operations. 19 Oct 2019
- ACTED: Supporting the diversification of agricultural sectors to reinforce food security in Haiti. 16 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest (MDRHT016) Emergency Plan of Action Final Report. 17 Oct 2019
Each week the Global Logistics Cluster Support Cell (GLCSC) provides an operational update of the activities of Logistics Clusters/Sectors in the field, together with the details of the latest publications on the Logistics Cluster website. The GLCSC is housed in the Logistics Division of the UN World Food Programme, the Global Logistics Cluster Lead. It is comprised of a diverse, multi-skilled group of logisticians drawn from ACF, Care International, WFP, WVI, and MSB (formerly SRSA).
International Disaster Response updates, March 28, 2011 - HOPE worldwide
HOPE worldwide is appreciative to many partners and supporters that have come forward asking of what we can all do to help save the lives of people living in troubled time due to natural disasters and man-made disasters.
Victims are staying in shelters in the winter temperatures as 18,649 houses are reported to be destroyed and another 116,835 houses damaged as reported by IFRC.
14 January 2011 - From promoting sustainable development and mitigating climate change to empowering women to keeping nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorists, Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today laid out the United Nations agenda for the coming year.
"Success in rising to the challenge does not belong to any one of us," he told the 192-member General Assembly, listing eight priorities for 2011.
"It depends on all of us, together. You were crucial to generating the progress that we have achieved in recent years.
During disasters, affected populations often face challenges that material assistance alone cannot adaquately address. For example, conflicts or natural disasters often separate families, disrupting normal care-giving for children, the elderly, and disabled persons. Displacement, loss of family members, or disruption of livelihoods may increase vulnerability to violence, exploitation, and abuse for men, women, and children. Conflict exposes some people to harmful threats from attacks or landmines.