Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
Most read reports
- Food for the Hungry: Haiti Hunger Crisis 2019: What You Need to Know and How to Help. 19 Nov 2019
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- PAHO: Nearly 16 million people still practice open defecation in Latin America and the Caribbean. 19 Nov 2019
- IOM: IOM Tracks Repatriations of Haitian Migrants from The Bahamas. 15 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
As we at Lutheran World Relief anticipate the tremendous humanitarian challenges we might face in the coming year, a quote from Desmond Tutu comes to mind: “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all the darkness.”
Aid includes Shelter, Water, Food & Hygiene Kits, and Water Filtration Units to Prevent Spread of Cholera
BALTIMORE, October 14, 2016 —Lutheran World Relief has launched an emergency relief response in Haiti that will reach thousands of people who need basic assistance in the wake of Hurricane Matthew. The Baltimore-based relief and development agency is also finalizing plans to respond to the longer-term needs of people affected by the hurricane.
BALTIMORE, October 4, 2016—Lutheran World Relief, an international relief and development agency, is responding to the immediate needs of people in Haiti affected by Hurricane Matthew, mobilizing emergency relief in collaboration with the ACT Alliance, a global faith-based humanitarian coalition, and local partners. LWR is also making plans to assist farmers in the north whose crops will likely be damaged in the storm.