Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- WFP: World Food Programme ramping up to reach 700,000 with emergency operations in Haiti. 6 Dec 2019
- MSF: MSF opens a trauma hospital in Port-au-Prince as health crisis in Haiti deepens. 3 Dec 2019
- IPS: Haiti’s cry for help as climate change is compared to an act of violence against the island nation. 13 Dec 2019
- ACTED: NGOs warn about the deterioration of food security in Haiti: More than 3.5 million people in need of emergency food and nutrition assistance. 22 Nov 2019
- AlterPresse: Plusieurs organisations préoccupées par les violations des droits humains en Haïti. 11 Dec 2019
EARTHQUAKE IN ECUADOR: The death toll from the earthquake rose to 660 people dead and 31 still missing. The government of Ecuador, local emergency services, the Red Cross and other organizations continue to provide food, potable water, shelter, emergency medical services and other basic services to the affected people.
Humanitarian partners continue deploying national and international assistance and performing multi sector initial rapid assessments (MIRA) in coordination with local counterparts.