Headlines (last 30 days)
Most read reports
- WFP: World Food Programme ramping up to reach 700,000 with emergency operations in Haiti. 6 Dec 2019
- MSF: MSF opens a trauma hospital in Port-au-Prince as health crisis in Haiti deepens. 3 Dec 2019
- ACTED: NGOs warn about the deterioration of food security in Haiti: More than 3.5 million people in need of emergency food and nutrition assistance. 22 Nov 2019
- IPS: Haiti’s cry for help as climate change is compared to an act of violence against the island nation. 13 Dec 2019
- AlterPresse: Plusieurs organisations préoccupées par les violations des droits humains en Haïti. 11 Dec 2019
High food prices persist in developing countries despite an improved global cereal supply situation and sharp decline in international prices. This is affecting access to food of large numbers of low-income vulnerable populations.
A recent analysis of domestic food prices for 58 developing countries shows that latest prices are higher than a year earlier in 78 percent of the cases, and in 43 percent of the cases are higher than 3 months earlier. Mostly affected are sub-Saharan African countries.