Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Haiti: Humanitarian Funding Overview (as of as of 11 November 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Haïti : Aperçu du financement humanitaire (en date du 11 novembre 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- BMJ: ‘It was a ravage!’: Lived experiences of epidemic cholera in rural Haiti. 12 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
Drought. Disease. Earthquakes. Hurricanes. More than 10.6 million people across Latin America and the Caribbean were affected by these disasters in 2016.
Each emergency presented its own set of challenges, whether it was addressing affected livelihoods, the safety of families forced to flee from violence, the growing risk of vector-borne diseases or the sheer scale of major disasters such as the earthquake in Ecuador (April 2016) and Hurricane Matthew in the Caribbean (October 2016).
This mapping will be regularly updated :
Are you looking for :
- Accountability Working Groups at country or regional levels ?
2.Examples of inter-agency information and feedback mechanisms or call centers ?
3.Examples of inter-agency projects related to Accountability to Affected Populations ?
4.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into Humanitarian Response Plans?
5.Examples of how accountability to affected population is integrated into key global reports ?
Este documento analiza las crisis registradas en América Latina y el Caribe durante 2015, así como la respuesta por parte de la Oficina de Coordinación de Asuntos Humanitarios - Oficina Regional para América Latina y el Caribe (OCHA ROLAC).
También recoge las actividades relacionadas con preparación frente a desastres, así como los eventos desarrollados con socios estratégicos que significaron un avance en busca de una mejor coordinación para una respuesta humanitaria eficiente.
This document reviews the major emergencies in 2015 and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (OCHA ROLAC) response.
It also includes details of the disaster preparedness activities and joint ventures with strategic partners that represented innovations in better coordination for effective humanitarian response.
Despite a four-day truce which was supposed to come into effect on Friday 26 October, fighting has continued to escalate in Damascus province, Aleppo, Idlib, Daara and Deir Ezzor in Syria manifested by a new wave of airstrikes by the Syrian forces and attacks by the rebels on strategic army checkpoints and air bases.
This week, renewed violence between Arakan Buddhists and Rohingya Muslims took place in Rahkin state in Myanmar, affecting an estimated 28,000 people. Sectarian violence between the two communities in June already left more than 75,000 people displaced. Despite a four-day truce that was supposed to come into effect on Friday 26 October, fighting has continued in Damascus province, Aleppo, Idlib, Daara and Deir Ezzor in Syria. The number of flood-affected people in Chad has risen to 700,000, up from 445,000 in September, with 16 of the country’s 22 regions affected.