Headlines (last 30 days)
- UN News: Plus d'un Haïtien sur trois a besoin d'une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- UN News: Haïti : plus d’une personne sur trois a besoin d’une aide alimentaire urgente. 9 Nov 2019
- BMJ: ‘It was a ravage!’: Lived experiences of epidemic cholera in rural Haiti. 12 Nov 2019
- OCHA: Haiti: Humanitarian Funding Overview (as of as of 11 November 2019). 11 Nov 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Haïti : Aperçu du financement humanitaire (en date du 11 novembre 2019). 11 Nov 2019
New IDB study estimates potential impact on cities and people in low-elevation coastal zones
BELIZE CITY, Belize – A new study by the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) estimates that 4.2 million people in Small Island Developing States (SIDS) in the Caribbean and in the Pacific are living in areas that are prone to flooding due to rising sea levels.
In response to the announcement that leaders of the Major Economies Forum had agreed to hold rising temperatures to no more than 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) today reaffirmed its call for short- and medium-term targets that would limit increases to below 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Addressing a Headquarters press conference on climate change, Dessima M.