Headlines (last 30 days)
- CRS: Humanitarian disaster brewing in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: UN peacekeeping operations in Haiti are coming to a close. 15 Oct 2019
- OCHA: Unrest disrupts humanitarian programmes in Haiti. 3 Oct 2019
Most read reports
- ACTED: Le renforcement et la diversification des filières agricoles haïtiennes contre l’insécurité alimentaire. 17 Oct 2019
- UN SC: United Nations Peacekeeping Operation in Haiti Closes amid Growing Political, Security Challenges, Top Peace Official Tells Security Council. 15 Oct 2019
- CRS: CRS: Humanitarian disaster looms in Haiti. 17 Oct 2019
- IFRC: Haiti: Civil Unrest (MDRHT016) Emergency Plan of Action Final Report. 17 Oct 2019
- ACTED: Supporting the diversification of agricultural sectors to reinforce food security in Haiti. 16 Oct 2019
INTRODUCTION & RATIONALE
An objective of the Global Shelter Cluster WG on Settlement Based approaches in Urban Areas is to contribute to building a body of knowledge to promote and improve the application of settlement based approaches in humanitarian response.
This initial collection of case studies represents one vehicle the WG is using to further the discussion on settlement based approaches.
The ECDC Communicable Disease Threats Report (CDTR) is a weekly bulletin for epidemiologists and health professionals on active public health threats. This issue covers the period 30 Oct–5 Nov 2016 and includes updates on influenza, poliomyelitis, Zika fever, MERS CoV, cholera, West Nile virus, and enterovirus detections in Europe.
The 2015 International Annual Report describes how SOS Children’s Villages around the world supported children and strengthened families and communities in 2015 through community-integrated responses in care, education, health and emergency services.
The 573 SOS Children’s Villages around the world in 2015 are described as ‘care and protection hubs’ for their local communities, as they provided a range of locally-tailored services to support vulnerable children.
• TC BONNIE formed over the northwestern Atlantic ocean on 27 May causing damage.
• As of 30 May, local media reported one person missing in North Carolina state, as well as traffic disruptions in the states of North & South Carolina and Virginia. (GDACS, NOAA, Media)
• Heavy rain has been affecting the central and southern areas of the country over the past week causing floods and landslides.