Appeals & Response Plans
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- UN Migration Agency Strengthens Preparations for Peak Hurricane Season in Haiti, Caribbean
- Weathering the storm: powerful lessons from the Caribbean
- Haiti: Humanitarian Situation Report - 30 June 2018
- Will there ever be peace for Haiti?
- Haiti: Hurricane Matthew - Emergency Appeal Operations n° MDRHT013 Final Report
In a complex and fast-changing world, we remain focused and resolute in pursuit of our goal – to provide the most appropriate, effective medicine in the harshest of environments. As well as responding to vital needs, our aid is born of a desire to show solidarity with people who are suffering, whether as a result of conflict, neglect or disease.
On Monday 16 October 2017 the Council adopted the EU Annual Report on Human Rights And Democracy in the World in 2016.
2016 was a challenging year for human rights and democracy, with a shrinking space for civil society and complex humanitarian and political crises emerging. In this context, the European Union showed leadership and remained strongly committed to promote and protect human rights and democracy across the world.
UNDP & UN-OHRLLS Discussion Paper
Written by Gail Hurley, Policy Specialist on Development Finance