Most read reports
- France - Marie Galante - Grand-Bourg - Hurricane Maria Impact Map, Observed the 21/09/2017
- Guadaloupe (FR): Location Map (2013)
- Guadeloupe: Reference map (as of 18 September 2017)
- Guadeloupe - Antilles Islands, France - Wind Storm - Pre-event Situation, Reference Map (14 Sep 2017)
- Guadeloupe Reference Map, Basse-Terre Area (19 Sep 2017)
UN agencies, NGOs, and government employees sharing the same workspace helped collaboration and information sharing.
Sector-specific and cross-sector coordination meetings allowed agencies and government actors to share information that reduced delays and increased collaboration between actors.
The lack of reliable baseline data greatly hampered efforts and delayed carrying out assessments and distributions properly during the response.
Tropical Storm Maria formed in the central Atlantic Ocean and is the tenth most intense on record. At its peak, the hurricane caused catastrophic damage and numerous fatalities across the north-eastern Caribbean, and is considered to be the worst natural disaster on record in Dominica. It also caused catastrophic damage in Puerto Rico.