Most read reports
- France - Marie Galante - Grand-Bourg - Hurricane Maria Impact Map, Observed the 21/09/2017
- Guadeloupe - Antilles Islands, France - Wind Storm - Pre-event Situation, Reference Map (14 Sep 2017)
- Guadaloupe (FR): Location Map (2013)
- Guadeloupe - Antilles Islands, France - Wind Storm - Situation as of 06/09/2017, Delineation Map
- Guadeloupe Reference Map, Basse-Terre Area (19 Sep 2017)
NWS Summary: At 500 PM AST (2100 UTC), the eye of Hurricane Jose was located near latitude 16.6 North, longitude 58.3 West. Jose is moving toward the west-northwest near 17 mph (28 km/h). A turn toward the northwest with a decrease in forward speed is forecast tonight through the weekend. On the forecast track, the core of Jose will pass close or just east of the northern Leeward Islands. Maximum sustained winds are near 150 mph (240 km/h) with higher gusts. Jose is a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale.
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2000
OCHA Geneva Situation Report No. 4
23 August 2000
OCHA/GVA - 2000/0150
OCHA Geneva Situation Report No.2
22 August 2000
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2000/0151
OCHA Geneva Situation Report No.3
22 August 2000
On 21 August 2000, at 1100 hrs AST, the center of Tropical Storm Debby was located near latitude 15.7 north, longitude 57.3 west or about 280 miles (455 km) east of the Leeward Islands. Debby is moving toward the west near 22 mph (35 km/hr) and this motion is expected to continue for the next 24 hours. Maximum sustained winds are near 70 mph (110 km/hr) with higher gusts mainly to the north and east of the center.
In response to the threat Tropical Storm Debby, the CDERA Coordinating Unit has initiated contact with National Disaster Authorities in all threatened states.
Ref. OCHA/GVA - 2000/0149
Tropical Storm Debby
OCHA Geneva Situation Report No.1
21 August 2000