- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Tropical Depression TD04F - Dec 2016
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Pam - Mar 2015
- Fiji: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Lusi - Mar 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Evan - Dec 2012
Jens Laerke, for the Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA), informed that the humanitarian response had begun in Vanuatu in spite of logistical challenges because of the country’s layout composed by more than eighty islands. The communication infrastructure was in poor condition, causing difficulties in the humanitarian coordination. However, the Government was clearly in charge of the response and President Baldwin Lonsdale had asked for international assistance.
In response to the announcement that leaders of the Major Economies Forum had agreed to hold rising temperatures to no more than 2 degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels, the Alliance of Small Island States (AOSIS) today reaffirmed its call for short- and medium-term targets that would limit increases to below 1.5 degrees Celsius.
Addressing a Headquarters press conference on climate change, Dessima M.
The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) have said that they were preparing to assist the Government of Fiji in the assessment of the present drought.