- Fiji: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Tropical Depression TD04F - Dec 2016
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Pam - Mar 2015
- Fiji: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Crowdsourced mobile application to track disasters tested for first time in Fiji
- Assessing Fiji’s climate vulnerability: A blueprint for building resilience
- Fidji : Points forts du projet - Assistance d’urgence pour rétablir la production agricole, halieutique et de plantes aquatiques après le cyclone tropical Winston (OSRO/FIJ/602/BEL)
- Hon. Minister for Waterways, Dr. Mahendra Reddy at the commissioning of the construction of river bank protection works
- Fiji: Tropical Cyclone Keni - Emergency Plan of Action (EPoA) Update n° 1, DREF n° MDRFJ002
Central America - Food Insecurity
• Guatemala - a food insecure population of 1 to 2.49 million people from February until next main harvest in August 2016.
• Honduras, many poor households will have very limited maize reserves after the 2015 drought and will be facing a food crisis by March.
• El Salvador & Nicaragua - the number of people affected is lower but still of concern with critical numbers being reached from March 2016.
Conflict, instability and disasters continued to take an immense toll on development in 2014. However, as this report shows, UNDP continued to help countries prevent and respond to disasters, protect justice, uphold security and the rule of law, promote inclusive governance and build peace. Active in over 170 countries and territories, UNDP is there before and after a crisis.