- Fiji: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Tropical Depression TD04F - Dec 2016
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Pam - Mar 2015
- Fiji: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Lusi - Mar 2014
Most read reports
- Media Release: Meningococcal Disease Outbreak, 21 March 2018
- Fiji Meningococcal C Outbreak Situation Report: Volume 04, 2018 (Report Date: April 19th, 2018)
- The Pacific Humanitarian Team at a glance
- USGS Earthquake Shaking Green Alert: M 8.2, 281km NNE of Ndoi Island, Fiji (19 Aug 2018)
- Hon PM Bainimarama's statement on cyclone assistance relief effort (CARE) for Fiji
The cyclone season for Fiji officially commences in November each year and extends to April the following year. Whilst cyclones can and have developed outside of this period, their cyclical nature increases the predictability of such occurrences, and thus enables pre-planned measures to be formulated beforehand and community preparedness programmes put in place.
The aim of this plan is to detail the cyclone preparedness and response arrangements for Fiji.
A Fiji government report says the total cost of damage caused by Cyclone Gavin in the country is around 27-million-dollars.
The Fiji Times says Cabinet has already approved the provision of about 2l8-thousand-dollars for emergency food rations to affected families on the outer islands.
The Disaster Management Committee report lists the main priority as the provision of emergency relief, especially in the outer islands of the Yasawa Group, Malolo, Vatulele, Yadua and Kia.
The government has also decided to provide 852-dollars for each family whose home was …
DHAGVA - 97/0112
Contact: Counterpart's Washington DC office at (202) 296-9676 or email@example.com
Ref: DHAGVA - 97/0093
1. Tropical cyclone Gavin continues to move away to the south of the Fiji group, with latest reports placing the centre at about 200 km south of Vitu Levu.
2. Following the meeting of the National Disaster Management Committee (NDMC) on 9 March, the DHA South Pacific Programme Office (SPPO) provides the following update on the situation.
- Tropical cyclone Gavin has now cleared the Fiji Island group and is moving South.