- Fiji: Meningitis Outbreak - Mar 2018
- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Tropical Depression TD04F - Dec 2016
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Pam - Mar 2015
- Fiji: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Lusi - Mar 2014
Most read reports
- Fiji school rebuild to be complete by September next year
- Media Release: Meningococcal Disease Outbreak, 21 March 2018
- Fiji Meningococcal C Outbreak Situation Report: Volume 04, 2018 (Report Date: April 19th, 2018)
- Vaccination response to meningococcal outbreak at St John’s College
- Fiji - Tropical Cyclones Josie and Keni
From Pacific Islands Development Program/East-West Center
Ref: OCHA/GVA - 2005/0148
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
All schools in the Central Division are advised to close for the day.
CEO Education Alumita Taganesia said that due to harsh weather condition and the spate of flooding all schools in the Central Division are to remain closed for the day.
Principals and Head Teachers she said are advised to ensure the safety departure of all students and to arrange for buses for those that commute by buses.
Parents have been asked to pick their children from schools.
Ms Taganesia further said that Divisional Educational Officers are monitoring the situation and an announcement …
The people of River Road at Narere in Nasinu are being advised to move to Nasinu Sangam Primary School.
Education and DISMAC officials have said the school has been opened as an evacuation centre.
Many houses on River Road are under water but residents are reluctant to move to the evacuation centre.
All efforts are being made by authorities to move residents to the evacuation centre at the Nasinu Sangam Primary school.
The National DISMAC has been activated. And those needing assistance are required to contact DISMAC officials on phone 3313400.
DISMAC has reported that Naqali Bridge is under water and closed to all traffic.
More rain is expected for the weekend.
The Nadi Weather has indicated that further rain could develop due to the tropical depression currently hovering over the Fiji group.
Low-lying areas currently experiencing flooding and associated rain and clouds could continue over Viti Levu and Vanua Levu.
There are reports of Naqali bridge under water and that road is being closed for all traffic.
The Disaster Management Council (DISMAC) has declared the following Evacuation Centres for the Central Division:
- Nasinu Sangam School- Narere
- Rishikul Primary- Makoi
- Lami Parish Hall- Lami
- Rampur College- Navua
- Lomari School - Galoa
- Vashistmuni Deo School - Navua
U.S. AGENCY FOR INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BUREAU FOR DEMOCRACY, CONFLICT, AND HUMANITARIAN ASSISTANCE (DCHA)
OFFICE OF U.S. FOREIGN DISASTER ASSISTANCE (OFDA)
Note: The last fact sheet was dated July 6, 2004
Appeal No. 01.72/2004;
Appeal target: CHF 2,051,861;