- Tropical Cyclone Gita - Feb 2018
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - 2017-2018
- Tropical Depression TD04F - Dec 2016
- Pacific: Dengue Outbreak - Oct 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Zena - Apr 2016
- Tropical Cyclone Winston - Feb 2016
- Pacific: Drought - 2015-2017
- Tropical Cyclone Pam - Mar 2015
- Fiji: Dengue Outbreak - Mar 2014
- Tropical Cyclone Lusi - Mar 2014
Most read (last 30 days)
- Support for Fiji's meningococcal outbreak
- Republic of Fiji: Tropical Cyclone Josie and Tropical Cyclone Keni Rapid Gender, Protection and Inclusion Analysis (April 2018)
- Fiji Ministries and partners commit to ‘WASH for Quality Life’
- Media Release no.75: Take heed of warnings - heavy rain, strong wind, damaging heavy swell warnings in force (4pm, Sunday, 27 May 2018)
- New Zealand support to limit dengue fever in Fiji
Ref. OCHA/GVA - 2000/0226A
OCHA Situation Report No. 1
Fiji - Floods
Surveys on the extent of damage caused by flash floods is slowly underway in the Western Division.
However, officials said today that despite improvements to the weather, complete surveys can only be done when all the roads are accessible.
December 8th, 2000ate
Heavy flooding in Ba and Tavua yesterday (07/12/00) brought almost all activities to a standstill.
Numerous roads and bridges were closed to traffic and villagers sought sanctuary in various evacuation centers.
Acting Divisional Officer for Tavua, Ram Chandra, said that about 60 men, women and children from Nabuna Village had fled to the Tavua District School.
"A major portion of the village is under water and people don't want to take risks which could spell disaster," Mr Chandra said.
In Ba, part of the town's main trading center and …
- Fiji Red Cross Society Disaster Preparedness & Response Policy
2.1 Basic Policy