Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- Placing IDPs on the Map in Ethiopia and Beyond
- Multi-million-dollar project to construct schools in refugee camps and host communities launched in Ethiopia
- EU Desirous to Support Ethiopia in Fighting Human Trafficking: European Commission Official
- 700,000 people flee conflict to seek safety in Somali region of Ethiopia
- In southern Ethiopia, herders join forces to revive rangelands
1. It will be recalled that the AU Observer Team made up of twenty (20) members from various African states, led by Dr. Aman W. Kabourou (MPAP) Team Leader, participated fully in the observation activities of the Ethiopian Legislative Elections until voting day on May 15, 2005, and submitted a comprehensive report to the AU Chairperson on the elections exercise. Nonetheless, once again on June 15, 2005 the Observer Team was reconstituted in Addis Ababa on an urgent request by the Chairman of the African Union Commission.
PRESS RELEASE NO.
PRESS RELEASE NO. 31/2005
Addis Ababa, 10 June 2005 - The Chairperson of the Commission of the African Union (AU), Alpha Oumar Konare, welcomes the signing of a Joint Declaration on the National Election Board of Ethiopia (NEBE) complaints review and investigation process, by the Coalition for Unity and Democracy (CUD), the Ethiopian Peoples' Revolutionary Democratic Front (EPRDF) and the United Ethiopian Democratic Forces (UEFD), on 10 June 2005.
EXPERTS' MEETING ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE AU AND THE REGIONAL MECHANISMS FOR CONFLICT PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION ADDIS ABABA, 22 - 23 MARCH 2005
SOLEMN LAUNCHING OF THE PEACE AND SECURITY
9TH MEETING, 25 MAY 2004,
ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
The Policy Committee of the Special Emergency Assistance Fund for Drought and Famine in Africa held its Ninth Extraordinary session in Addis Ababa on 20th of November 2002, to consider the global appeal made by Ethiopia and Eritrea for emergency relief assistance.