Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Multi-Sectoral Intervention Vital to Accelerate Reduction of Stunting: Researchers
- Mai-Aini Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Hitsats Refugee Camp - Camp Profile Shire 31 October 2018
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 66 | 15-28 October 2018
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
CIAT is rolling out climate-smart agriculture (CSA) profiles for four additional African countries. They are Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Niger, and Ethiopia.
CSA refers to practices that aim to increase farm productivity while helping farmers adapt to climate change or reduce greenhouse gas emissions, or both.
The profiles analyze such practices, but they also outline the challenges that countries face due to the changing climate and the impact that might have in the future.
They, in particular, take into account specific conditions of countries.
October 5, 2015 by Georgina Smith
New drought-resilient white beans – most commonly used to make baked beans – will be deployed to Ethiopia, as erratic weather threatens national production and farmers’ incomes.
African crops and livestock in a changing climate
June 29, 2015 by Julian Ramirez-Villegas
Cross-posted from the CCAFS blog.
Download the full report here