Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Most read reports
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
- ‘Wind of hope’ blowing through Horn of Africa says UN chief, as Ethiopia and Eritrea sign historic peace accord
- Ethiopia Humanitarian Bulletin Issue 63 | 3 - 16 September 2018
- Ethiopia - New episode of ethnic violence (DG ECHO, media) (ECHO Daily Flash of 19 September 2018)
- WFP Ethiopia: Food and Nutrition Assistance to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) in East and West Hararghe zones - September 2018
Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, has signed a Letter of Intent regarding a Danish donation of 60 million DKK to the UN World Food Programme’s, WFP’s, work with women’s and girls’ access to contraception in humanitarian crisis.
WFP’s primary task is distribution of food, but there are many advantages by using the distribution of food in connection with other organizations’ work, especially when it comes to contraception and information on sexual health.
DENMARK LAUNCHES EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND
by Hara Caracostas
05 Jun 17
Denmark has launched an emergency relief fund, drawing on the Start Fund’s experience, to allow the country’s grassroots organisations to respond to crises around the world. The Danish Emergency Relief Fund (DERF) is also open to funding for smaller NGOs within countries affected by crisis.
Today, the Danish government has presented the draft Finance Act for 2016. In the draft Finance Act, the government plans to focus Danish development cooperation on 14 priority countries.
Since the end of June, Denmark has provided the following grants in support of the victims of the drought in the Horn of Africa: