Appeals & Response Plans
- Tropical Cyclone Sagar - May 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods and Landslides - Apr 2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Aug 2017
- Ethiopia: Measles Outbreak - May 2017
- East Africa: Armyworm Infestation - Mar 2017
- Ethiopia: Acute Watery Diarrhoea (AWD) Outbreak - May 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Apr 2016
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2015
- Ethiopia: Drought - 2015-2018
- Ethiopia: Floods - Oct 2014
Maps & Infographics
Most read reports
- Change and Continuity in Protests and Political Violence PM Abiy’s Ethiopia
- Ethiopia: The 2018 HDRP is facing a US$416.4 million funding shortfall to cover needs until the end of the year
- Ethiopia – Eritrean Refugee Influx (DG ECHO, UNHCR, NRC) (ECHO Daily Flash of 26 September 2018)
- Political Will Changing Story of Horn of Africa: Ramtane
- UNICEF Ethiopia Humanitarian Situation Report #8 – Reporting Period: August 2018
Sofia has been in Convoy of Hope’s Women’s Economic Empowerment in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for more than a year. Utilizing the skills she has gained and the start-up capital she gained through the program, she has become a successful small business owner and active participant in her community.
An open sewer runs past the flimsy tin door that leads into her claustrophobically small home. There’s only so much to be squeezed into less than 49-square-feet of living space. But Yewbday, the 42-year-old owner, beams with pride.
“I received the fryer from Convoy of Hope,” she says before dropping several balls of dough into the vat of oil. “Before I came into the program, my daughter and I had nowhere to sleep.”
As Kenyans and Somali refugees wait for rain, a Convoy of Hope disaster response team, led by in-country director Bryan Burr, is rushing food and supplies to communities devastated by the famine in the Horn of Africa.
“People are waiting for rain,” says Chris Dudley, Convoy of Hope’s director of cultural services. “The ground is dry and dusty, riverbeds are dry as a bone, grasslands are withered and dead livestock can be seen on the sides of roads.”